Top 10 Wireless Predictions For 2011
Smartphones and wireless technology are changing the way we live and travel.
We’re keen on the iPhone and iPad and the increasing number of travel apps like the National Geographic World Atlas app.
UK-based Juniper Research has just released an interesting list of wireless predictions for 2011.
Last year, the company accurately predicted a surge in mobile data traffic, a consumer smartphone boom and strained 3G network.
Here are their Top Ten Wireless Predictions for 2011:
- Surging mobile data traffic;
- Augmented reality to enhance mobile games and retail;
- Cloud-based operating systems are launched;
- Mobile banking will become a “must-have” when opening a new account;
- Mobile devices begin to replace credit cards;
- Mobile handsets become even more sensitive;
- Mobile lottery tickets sales to soar fueled by deployments in US, Europe, and China;
- Mobile-specific threats lead to demand for mobile-specific security;
- Buyouts take social purchasing to a new level and
- More vendors develop a “GreenHeart”.
Image courtesy of National Geographic
VIA | Traveling Green
Posted on Friday, December 10, 2010, in Uncategorized and tagged 3G 4G Mobile, Mobile Banking, Mobile Data, Mobile Handsets, National Geographic, Smartphones, Wireless Technology, World Atlas App. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.