Update Your Nexus One to Android 2.2.2
Google started pushing out an update for the Nexus One that brings the firmware up to 2.2.2. The file is only about 550 KB big and the build number goes from FRG83D to FRG83G, so all signs point to this being a minor update. I haven’t seen the release notes yet, but the update is said to fix the SMS bug that has received a lot of attention lately.
You can wait for the update to hit your phone OTA, or you can download it from Google and manually install it at your own risk.
-=PLEASE TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK=-
To manually install Android 2.2.2 on the Nexus One, perform the following steps:
- Download the update file from Google’s server: FRG83G-from-FRG83D
- Copy the file to the root directory (aka not inside any folder) of your microSD card and name it update.zip Tip: Be careful not to name it update.zip.zip
- Power off your phone.
- Hold down the VOLUME DOWN button and power it back on.
- Wait for your phone to load the skating Androids screen. Scroll down to recovery and press the POWER button.
- When you see the “/!\” symbol, press the POWER button and the VOLUME UP button at the same time. You should be presented with a menu and one of the options should be “apply sdcard:update.zip”.
- Use the trackball to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.